Workshop: Embodiment, yoga and tantra
Time & Location
About the Event
In this workshop we explore the appearance of embodiment and somatics in the yogic and tantric traditions.
The workshop will help you to understand the connection of yogic methods to the worldview they are based on and gives you tools to deeper perception through experiencing.
We will go through the following themes:
- What does embodiment in yoga mean?
- What are the goals of the yogic somatic practices?
- Why does yoga need tantra by its side when talking about embodiment?
- What are the cornerstones of traditional tantra?
- What does leaning on to these traditions mean for your practice?
- What can we learn from modern bodymind techniques?
The workshop will not require previous knowledge about yoga philosophy, but it is recommended that you have practiced yoga before in some form.
- A lecture (1-1,5 hours)
- A yoga practice that uses yogic and tantric embodied techniques and gives you own experience of the themes covered during the lecture (2 hours)
- Tantric meditation (0,5 hours)
We will have a short break after the lecture that can be used for free conversation and questions about the theme.
WHERE: Yogaens Hus, Mellomila 91a
WHEN: Saturday 6.2.2021 kl 10.00 – 14.00
COST: 450 kr
Sanni Parkkinen is an experienced yoga teacher (E-RYT 500) and breathwork coach coming from Finland. Living in Trondheim, Norway, she teaches yoga in which the human being is seen as whole, mind and body being like two sides of a coin. She’s coaching people to live happier & healthier with emphasis on physiology first – meaning that nervous system health is the key to solve many of the issues we tend to call mental. Sanni has lived and worked in various yoga ashrams and centers in India, USA and Canada. For the past three years she has immersed herself in traditional non-dual Shaiva-Shakta tantra with teachers such as Miska Käppi (close student of Acarya Bhagavan Shri Shanmukha Anantha Natha) and tantra scholar Christopher Hareesh Wallis.
The registration is binding. You will secure your place in the workshop by making the payment.
The workshop will be taught in English.
Minimum number of participants is five (5), maximum eight (8).